Ripped Off by ForSalebyOwner

11 of 44 ForSaleByOwner reviews

I paid for sale by owner on April 13th to mls list our house.It did not get to MLS until almost the end of the month.

I live in North Carolina and FSBO gave my listing to an agent in South Carolina to list on the MLS. Had this agent used doc u sign, I may have been able to get the documents back to her right away, But did not have a way to print and scan the documents she sent me right away. I had to use the old fashioned way by printing and scanning, and then scanning again, and then emailing them back to her. Just because an agent is licensed in both states does not mean I gave FSBO permission for that.

That was not something I agreed too. She added no financing info to our listing among other things that were incorrect. After 3 weeks we had not even had one showing, even after dropping my price. We had also paid for an upgrade to get the signs, and then were told we could not use forsalebyowner signs in our yard, and would have to purchase the agents signs for an additional fee if we wanted a sign in our yard.

I spent almost $700.00 for nothing. I called for a refund, they said no because it was beyond the 30 days. I called a realtor and listed my house. We are now under contract for full asking price with no thanks to FSBO.

The agent they gave our listing to in SC only charges $300 to do a flat fee listing. So FSBO really ripped me off because they paid her no where near what I paid to list with them. Do not use FSBO, it is not worth the trouble, money or the major aggravation I encountered.

I wish I had found this site before I signed up with them.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • I was ripped off
    • This service is a gimic
    • It was a nightmare

Forsalebyowner Mls Enhanced Listing Package
Review category
Real Estate
review #857491

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with ForSaleByOwner? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
11 of 44 ForSaleByOwner reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to ForSaleByOwner. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about ForSaleByOwner.
Filing a new complaint about
×