1.4

I paid for sale by owner on April 13th to mls list our house.It did not get to MLS until almost the end of the month.

I live in North Carolina and FSBO gave my listing to an agent in South Carolina to list on the MLS. Had this agent used doc u sign, I may have been able to get the documents back to her right away, But did not have a way to print and scan the documents she sent me right away. I had to use the old fashioned way by printing and scanning, and then scanning again, and then emailing them back to her. Just because an agent is licensed in both states does not mean I gave FSBO permission for that.

That was not something I agreed too. She added no financing info to our listing among other things that were incorrect. After 3 weeks we had not even had one showing, even after dropping my price. We had also paid for an upgrade to get the signs, and then were told we could not use forsalebyowner signs in our yard, and would have to purchase the agents signs for an additional fee if we wanted a sign in our yard.

I spent almost $700.00 for nothing. I called for a refund, they said no because it was beyond the 30 days. I called a realtor and listed my house. We are now under contract for full asking price with no thanks to FSBO.

The agent they gave our listing to in SC only charges $300 to do a flat fee listing. So FSBO really ripped me off because they paid her no where near what I paid to list with them. Do not use FSBO, it is not worth the trouble, money or the major aggravation I encountered.

I wish I had found this site before I signed up with them.

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment at ForSaleByOwner and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $700 and wants ForSaleByOwner to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was i was ripped off, this service is a gimic and it was a nightmare. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by ForSaleByOwner and forsalebyowner property listing for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with ForSaleByOwner?

Comments